Nucleus for highly innovative start-ups

The Technology Centre Aachen (TZA) offers excellent conditions for technology-oriented Start-ups. But also international investors use the centre as their optimal start position into the European market.

In addition the TZA is a well-known address for small and medium-sized events of all kinds.

With the Centre for Biomedical Technology (ZBMT) these two centres belong to a network of thirteen in total in the Aachen region - all with different orientation.

ZBMT Zentrum für Bio-Medizintechnik (Center for Biomedical Engineering)

The 1st campus building in the cluster of biomedical engineering

The ZBMT is located in the heart of the Bio-Medical Engineering Cluster, which is an aspiring project in the Aachen region.

The building offers premium office and laboratory areas on a total area of around 4,100 m², separated on four floors. On the one hand the furnishment offers superb workspaces, on the other hand its location offers the advantage and possibility to get in touch with nearby research facilities like the University Hospital RWTH Aachen or the Helmholtz Institute for Biomedical Engineering.

The physical closeness between science and economy results in an innovative climate from which you can benefit: Intensive networking between the branch players and institutes as well as the possibility to easily identify outstanding cooperation opportunities are just two of them.


Room for start-ups and established companies

About 25 % of the workspace is available for technology oriented start-ups. Besides the mentioned networking benefits and the outstanding infrastructure, especially the low rent conditions are of special interest for start-ups. The other 75 % of the workspace is for established medical engineering and biotechnology companies, for the so called “Campus companies”. Through a formal “enrollment” those enterprises get the opportunity to research and develop new methods in cooperation with the RWTH Aachen University.

Contact

Photo of Carmen Advisory Service Angelmann

Carmen Angelmann
Advisory Service
+49 (0)241/963-1010
Photo of Dipl.-Ing. Iris Advisory Service Riedelbauch

Dipl.-Ing. Iris Riedelbauch
Advisory Service
+49 (0)241/963-1012